10 Reasons Why You Should Learn Python In 2021
By – HtmlCssMonk
Python is a very popular programming language today and often needs an introduction. It is widely used in various business sectors, such as programming, web development, machine learning, and data science. Given its widespread use, it’s not surprising that Python has surpassed Java as the top programming language.
In the realm of server side software languages, Python is considered easy to read, write and learn. Plus, it’s extremely scalable. The world’s largest companies run on it, and it’s also great for quick and simple prototypes.
What is Python programming Language?
Python is a high-level programming language used for general-purpose software engineering. It’s a server side language – which means it runs on the server, and is responsible for processing the logic behind user inputs, interacting with databases and other servers, etc.
Initially developed in the late 1980’s by Guido Van Rossum, Python has been around for decades alongside other server side languages like Java and C. Van Rossum modeled Python after the English language, eliminating unnecessary syntax to make it easier to read and write than other programming languages.
Python is an open-sourced language like Java, and in recent years has increased in popularity due to its use in data science. Python also has a strong community around machine learning, data modeling, data analysis and artificial intelligence (AI), with extensive resources and libraries built for these purposes.
In this article, you will discover the top ten reasons why you should learn Python.
Be ready to get mesmerized by Python !!
Why You should Learn Python ?
1. Easy to Learn
Python is extremely simple and easy to learn. It is a very powerful language and it closely resembles the English language!
So, what contributes to its simplicity? Python is
- Free & open source
- Blessed with large community
WP Engine surveyed 909 developers across the US on which programming language is the easiest to learn. Python came in second place after HTML, and was noted for its “high readability and simple syntax that is easy to learn.” The article also states that, “for new coders especially, the consistency and simplicity of Python both contribute to its ease of use and approachability.”
It can be discouraging for new programmers to shift through all the necessary syntax of other languages before they can perform their first simple task. With Python, your first “Hello World!” application is only a line away, unlike the 4 or 5 lines needed for other programming languages. Python’s efficient syntax allows programmers to get up and running fast, and pack logic into compact scripts.
Python is also an interpreted programming language. This means that unlike compiled languages like C++ or Java, you can run each line of code as soon as you finish writing it and see the results immediately.
2. Python Pays Well
Python developers are some of the highest paid developers in the market, particularly in data science, machine learning and web development.
The average Python developer salaries in the world range from $119,082 per year (in the USA) to $49,520 per year (in France).
|Country||Python developer salary|
Additionally, the average salaries from 2017 to 2020 show that Python is consistently the second highest paying language.
3. Python in Artificial Intelligence and Data Science
Nowadays, most data scientists and software engineers use Python to conduct further studies, and researches on Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Data Science. It can be used across other domains and technologies, which is a huge advantage. It’s not surprising for it is an interpreted language; users can directly run the program without compiling data into machine language before execution. This makes Python codes comprehensive and easy to be interpreted by an emulator or a virtual machine.
Besides, it’s very explicit that it beats other OOP languages for the least code programming language. According to Cuelogic, a company that develops software globally to help startups companies, “Python has Prebuilt Libraries like Numpy for scientific computation, Scipy for advanced computing and Pybrain for machine learning (Python Machine Learning) making it one of the best languages For AI and Data Science.”
4. Demand for Python Is High (And Growing)
According to the Developer Survey by StackOverflow, Python was one of the most in-demand technologies of 2018, 2019, and 2020. As of 2020, it is ranked as the world’s 4th most popular programming language among professional software developers as well as the first most wanted programming language.
- According to TIOBE Index, Python is the 3rd most popular programming language in 2020.
- Acc. to the PYPL Popularity of Programming Language Index, which monitors the frequency of searches for different programming language tutorials, Python is the most popular programming language to learn in 2020, showing an almost 20% growth over the last 5 years.
5. Python has an incredibly supportive community
Thanks to online forums, local meet-ups, and the open source community, programmers continue to learn from and build on the success of their predecessors.
Python has a massive community that can help you in programming errors or issues with the software. You can post your queries in community forums, and community members will address it in real quick time.
Stack Overflow is a programming question and answer platform critical for all developers when they are stuck, or wanting to share wisdom with the community. According to Stack Overflow’s annual software developer survey, Python is the most wanted programming language, and tagged in 1,188,566 questions.
This demonstrates an incredibly robust and active community for current and aspiring Python developers.
GitHub is where developers store project code and collaborate with other developers. With over 1M repositories on GitHub and over 59K users committing or creating issues in these repositories, Python is one of the largest developer communities on GitHub today.
6. Python is portable & extensible
The portable and extensible properties of Python allow you to perform cross-language operations seamlessly. Python is supported by most platforms present in the industry today ranging from Windows to Linux to Macintosh, Solaris, Play station, among others.
Python’s extensibility features allow you to integrate Java as well as .NET components. You can also invoke C and C++ libraries.
7. Python used with Big Data
To complete the big data job accurately, Python is considered the best data science tool.
Let’s shed light on reasons when Python is the best choice for big data:
It is a destination of robust scientific packages:
Python programming language equips with powerful library packages that are needed to gratify data science and analytical needs and also the top priority for big data applications. The popular libraries used by big data and Python are:
Pandas: This library used to ensure demanded data structure and operations to manipulate data on numerical tables and time series.
SciPy: It is used in the case of technical and scientific computing. It has modules like:
- Signal and image processing
- ODE solvers
- Linear algebra
- FFT, and more.
NumPy: It makes scientific computing feasible. It offers support for random number crunching, linear algebra, etc. Even it is useful during matrices with an extensive library, multi-dimensional arrays, etc.
Mlpy: It ensures many machine learning methods to solve the problems. It assists in finding a reasonable compromise between usability, efficiency, reproducibility, modularity, and maintainability.
Besides, it has more libraries like- Dask, Dmelt, TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, Regression, Matplotlib, etc.
Easy Compatibility with Hadoop: The fact, Python big data is easily compatible like Hadoop. It is compatible with Hadoop to work during big data . It also enables MapReduce programming used to overcome significant data problems only with fewer efforts.
8. Python supports Testing
Python is a valuable programming language that supports testing flawlessly because of :
- pytest: It is the most recommended test framework that is available in any language. It handles any functional tests, integration and unit.
- The Zen of Python: It is an ideal choice for test automation as it offers the test in a readable and descriptive form. In a nutshell, Python is a robust destination to follow from test cases to test code.
- Multi-Paradigm: Python is a functional and object-oriented language. It is significant for test automation because of having simple syntax and stateless functions.
- Ease of Entry: This language is always friendly even to beginners. This gives a significant advantage to Python, as it tests the results quickly and accurately.
- Typing Your Way: It offers the best results with becoming picky about types. Moreover, in a case, static types are required like Pyre, and MonkeyType resulted to the rescue, this language offers typing in both ways.
9. Python in Web Development
Python has an array of frameworks for developing websites. The popular frameworks are Django, Flask, Pylons etc. Since these frameworks are written in Python, its the core reason which makes the code a lot faster and stable.
You can also perform web scraping where you can fetch details from any other websites. You will also be impressed as many websites such as Instagram, bit bucket, Pinterest are build on these frameworks only.
In the Python web development criteria, dominating frameworks that users can use are Flask, Django, TurboGears, Pyramid, Flask, Bottle, and CherryPy. Let’s know the use of these briefly:
- Django: To build up a website by using Python language, the developers need Django that is a web-oriented framework. It offers many elements of intricate programs such astemplate engine, management panel, signing out, signing up, URL routing, and uploading file template driver. Once the user establishes up the framework, all these features become ready to use. However, without using this module, the users must require to write or use these features manually.
- Flask: Another module that is used as web development in Python is Flask. All of the components that are the part of this module are ready to execute in the server context. Moreover, this module a micro-framework that means it exhibits zero or very little rely on other libraries.
- Pyramid: This Python web framework is very famous and recommendable as it offers more attributes than Flask. However, it is not as better as Django. Moreover, it is a flexible framework where the users don’t need to use a particular approach for finishing up a project. This will assist the users with URL routing and authentication support. However, this is only possible when users use it by connecting to storage or database with the help of external libraries.
- TurboGears: When there is a need to establish small-scale or large-scale web projects, then TurboGears is a highly recommended and scalable framework. It has abundant features commencing from authentication, caching, identification, management of sessions, and pluggable applications.
10. Python’s Scripting and Automation
Many people only knows that Python is a programming language, but Python can also be used as Scripting language. In scripting:
- The code is written in the form of scripts and get executed
- Machine reads and interprets the code
- Error checking is done during Runtime
Python is constantly rising in the industry and proved itself worthy to be known as one of the top programming languages.
I hope this article helped you in understanding why you should learn Python. So start now and give a boost to your career.
Test your skills with Amazing Quizzes.
Also Read :